Disclosure: Our editors independently review and test the best products; you can learn more about our review process here. We receive a small commission from purchases made via some links on this website. We do not accept free products from manufacturers, and we never allow ourselves to be influenced by how much money we could make off a certain product.
One of the most important tools that a kitchen should have is a cast-iron skillet that has been properly seasoned. No matter how experienced or inexperienced a cook one may be, this tool will always prove to be that person’s most trusted companion in the kitchen.
Because of their even distribution of heat, skillets made of cast iron are ideal for the preparation of meat. In addition, the longevity of a cast iron skillet is directly related to how well it is maintained and how frequently it is seasoned.
One more important consideration to keep in mind is which spatula is best suited for use with cast iron. Because of the cast iron skillet’s abrasive and rough surface, only certain types of spatulas can be used with it without risking damage to the implement.
Additionally, not all of them can be considered to be the best spatula for eggs because the majority of spatulas will break the yolk.
This article provides a review of the five best spatulas for cast iron and cast iron braisers. Before you go searching for spatulas on the internet, be sure to read this article first.
Simply keep reading, and you won’t need to worry about making any blunders at any point in the process.
- 1 5 Best Spatula For Cast Iron Reviews 2022
- 2 Conclusion
- 3 FAQs
5 Best Spatula For Cast Iron Reviews 2022
1 – Mannkitchen Professional Grade Stainless Steel Spatula
The spatula from MannKitchen both looks and feels like it was made for professionals to use.
The handle is crafted out of hardwood, and the blade itself is made of hard gauge stainless steel. The handle provides a secure and comfortable grip, thereby reducing the risk of falls.
The blade features beveled edges, which not only assist in the management of the food that is being cooked but also help to smooth out the surface of the cast iron over time.
Because it has very little to no give, the spatula makes it very easy to cook. You will no longer have food that has been burned and is stuck to your cast iron.
- The pleasant and secure grip provided by the hardwood handle is an added bonus.
- Cast iron is buffed to a smooth finish by a blade made of hard stainless steel.
- Because of the cast iron’s rough surface, it is less likely to sustain damage.
- The handling of food is simplified because to the beveled edges.
- Because of the price, inexperienced chefs sometimes choose not to use it in their kitchens.
- There is a possibility that food may get lodged in the joints, making it more difficult to clean.
2 – Winco TN719 Stainless Steel Spatula
Winco is one of the oldest companies still in business that manufactures cooking implements for use in homes, professional kitchens, and restaurants.
A spatula made of high-quality stainless steel that is suitable for use with a cast iron is represented by the model number TN719.
One of the greatest materials for handles is the hardwood, which was used for this one. It offers a secure hold that can be adjusted to suit your needs in order to prevent any slides.
In addition to this, it has a longer lifespan and is unaffected by heat, which helps to ensure that the joints remain stable.
Because the blade has beveled edges, it is easier to manipulate the food while it is cooking in the cast iron.
It is also beneficial to scrape the food from the bottom of the pan, which helps keep the food from burning.
- Because the joint plate on the spatula is so large, it is not susceptible to bending or breaking in any way.
- The hardwood handle has a snug and gap-free fit all the way around it.
- It is easier to maneuver around the meal because to the beveled edges.
- Because it is constructed out of stainless steel, it has a long lifespan.
- Steel wears down gradually but more quickly than other types of spatula.
- It is on the heavier end of the spectrum.
3 – OXO 1057953 Good Grips Brushed Stainless Steel Turner
The spatula known as the Oxo good grips is an implement that is constructed entirely out of stainless steel.
The brushed finish gives the stainless steel a clean appearance and makes it feel smooth to the touch.
The grip of the handle is made of rubber, and it has a two-tone design that provides a great degree of comfort.
Because the spatula can be safely cleaned in the dishwasher, there is no need for you to be concerned about the process of washing it.
Additionally, the manufacturer has taken into consideration how precious your kitchen space is. Its handle had a hole that let the user to hang it wherever they choose to do so.
- Due to the fact that it is made entirely of stainless steel, it is not likely to get scratched, which means that germs will not be able to grow on it.
- Because it can be washed in a dishwasher, there is no need for you to worry about how to clean it.
- Holding it for extended periods of time won’t be uncomfortable.
- When it comes to cooking, having a broad blade is helpful.
- When used in conjunction with a cast iron, wears off very rapidly.
- Because there is not enough friction, it slides quite a bit.
4 – Cuisinart CGS-509 Spatula Set 5-Piece Stainless Steel
Cuisinart intends to satisfy all of the varied requirements that you have with regard to spatulas.
With this in mind, they have come out with the CGS – 509 spatula set, which comes with five different implements. The material that is used to make each of the spatulas is stainless steel.
They have handles made of rubber, which prevents them from getting too hot while they are being used in the kitchen.
The dry component consists of two griddled spatulas, one of which has holes punched in it. In addition, there is a scraper and two tourney spatulas that can be used for a variety of purposes.
The stovetop has been adjusted in such a way that it will make the preparation of any kind of dish a simple task.
- There are five distinct spatulas included in the set, each designed for a certain use in the kitchen.
- Rubber handles for added grip
- Hard stainless steel blade for durability
- There are variations available both with and without perforations.
- Within the set, there are not any known griddled spatulas that are accessible for use.
- Because the price of the whole set is much more than the price of a single spatula, consumers who need just one piece may choose not to purchase the set.
5 – Sabatier Triple Rivet Stainless Steel Wide Turner 5154549
The Sabatier 5154549 is a spatula made of highly durable materials such as stainless steel and POM, and it is equipped to deal with difficult circumstances.
POM, which is a type of thermoplastic, was used to make the handle of the spatula.
In addition to shielding the hands from the heat, it also offers a secure and comfortable grip on the object.
Because of the extensive use of stainless steel in its construction, it is not only long-lasting but also safe.
Because of this, controlling the food, moving it around, and flipping it can be done with ease.
In addition, the spatula is safe for use in the dishwasher, making it simple to clean after use.
- There is a wide variety of format options available for various applications.
- Fixing any problems under this limited lifetime warranty is accessible.
- Handles made of high-quality POM and rivets made of stainless steel
- Because it is constructed out of stainless steel, it is very long-lasting.
- Because the plastic grip is so slick, it sometimes causes the user to slide.
- Because it is so thin, the blade bends easily due to the fact that it is so flexible.
The fact that it can offer a build quality that is comparable to that of a professional product is the driving factor behind our decision to go with it. The handle is made of wood, which makes it very comfortable to hold and also provides a secure grip.
In addition to this, the blade is expertly crafted to make the cast iron pans easier to maneuver food in and to smooth out any rough spots.
If you own a cast-iron skillet or a cast-iron braiser, you absolutely need to have strong and long-lasting spatulas made of stainless steel. The Mannkitchen Professional Grade Stainless Steel Spatula is the turner that comes the most highly recommended from our company.
What type of spatula is best for cast iron?
Stainless steel spatulas
When it comes to cooking with cast iron, some of the best spatulas to use are made of stainless steel. Because they are so lightweight while still being incredibly durable, they have become one of the most widely used utensils in modern kitchens. A cast iron pan that has been properly seasoned should not have its seasoning damaged by a spatula made of stainless steel.
What are the best utensils to use with cast iron?
Silicone utensils have smooth edges that will not scratch or damage the seasoning of cast iron pans. This is because cast iron is naturally seasoned. Because silicone is resistant to heat, it does not heat up to the same extent as other utensils, which means that the user is less likely to get burned while using it.
What is the best quality spatula?
- Tovolo Heat Resistant All Silicone Spatula. …
- Ateco 1385 Offset Spatula. …
- Fish Turner with Slots Made by Victorinox..
- Ateco Slotted Spatula. …
- Mini Spatulas by Cuisinart, Sold in Sets of 3…
- Hell’s Handle Heavy Duty Turner/Spatula from Mercer Culinary, model number M18340…
- Spatula made of natural bamboo, 13 inches long, sold by Helen’s Asian Kitchen…
- Le Creuset Revolution Bi-Material Saute Spoon.
Are metal spatulas OK for cast iron?
The common belief is that cast iron cookware cannot tolerate the use of metal utensils. Cast iron is the hardest, most wear-resistant metal you’ll ever use in the kitchen. That being the case, you can use any utensil you like, be it silicone, wood, or even metal.
Is wood or silicone spatula better?
For foods that are not particularly delicate, such as steaks, chops, and burgers, it is best to use wooden utensils that are rigid and stiff. Silicone cooking utensils, being both soft and flexible, are able to slide under even the most delicate foods, such as eggs, fish fillets, and pancakes, without ripping them to shreds.
What kind of spatula doesn’t melt?
Plastic spatulas begin to melt at temperatures of approximately 392 degrees Fahrenheit, whereas silicone can withstand temperatures of approximately 572 degrees. Even though the temperature of the majority of foods does not go above 392 degrees, many of us have probably discovered the hard way that placing plastic cookware against the side of a hot pan can cause it to melt.